Now, to me, the slow cooker has always been for stews of sorts, as that is all my mom ever really cooked in there. Sometimes chicken to be shredded for enchiladas, but always dinner. Now that I have been thoroughly addicted to Pinterest, I am noticing a bunch of dessert recipes pop up, and they have one thing in common, the slow cooker. Dessert?!?!?!? From a Slow Cooker?!?!?!?!?! Now who ever came up with this ingenious idea?
- Non-stick Cooking Spray
- 1-1/4 Cups All-Purpose Flour (Spooned and leveled)
- 1/4 Cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 3/4 Tsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 Tsp Coarse Salt
- 1/2 Cup (or 1 Stick) Unsalted Butter, cut into pieces
- 8 Oz Bittersweet Chocolate, chopped
- 1 Cup Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs, Lightly beaten
- 1 Cup Walnut Halves, coarsely chopped
- 1 Cup Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips (6 oz)
- Lightly coat a 5-quart slow cooker insert with cooking spray. Line the bottom with parchment paper and lightly coat with spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt.
- Place butter and chocolate in a medium microwave-safe bowl and microwave until melted, in 30-second increments, stirring after each.
- Add sugar, stir to combine.
- Stir in eggs.
- Add flour mixture, walnuts, and chocolate chips, and stir just until moistened. (Do not over-mix).
- Transfer to slow cooker and smooth top.
- Cover and cook on low for 3-1/2 hours. Uncover and cook for 30 minutes.
- Remove insert from slow cooker and run a knife around the edge to loosen the brownies.
- Let cool completely in insert on a wire rack (about two hours)
- Turn onto a work surface, cut and serve.
This recipe is pretty darn simple, and the best part is, you can have it cooking and run errands at the same time. Perfect for a busy mom-on-the-go!