I saw this on Pinterest and I just had to share it. I mean, it just sounds so tastey and looks so easy to make. The ingredients are even found in most kitchens, so no special trips to the store will be needed. I am excited to try it for the first time.
- 1/2 Pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1-1/4 cups sugar
- 4 extra large eggs at room temperature
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp grated lemon zest
- 2 cups sifted cake flour
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- Preheat the oven to 35o degrees, then grease the bottom of an 8-1/2″ x 4-1/2″ x 2-1/2″ loaf pan. Line the bottom with parchment paper, then grease and flour the pan.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar on medium speed for 3 – 4 minutes, until light. Meanwhile put the eggs, honey, vanilla, and lemon zest in a glass measuring cup but do not combine. With the mixer on medium – low speed, add the egg mixture, one egg at a time. Scraping down the bowl and allowing each to become incorporated before adding the next egg.
- Sift together the flour, salt, and baking powder. With the mixer on low speed, add it slowly to the batter until just combined. Finish mixing the batter with a rubber spatula and pour it into the prepared pan. Smooth the top.
- Bake for 50-60minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 15 minutes, turn onto a baking rack and cool completely.